* These sessions will share the pool with the Swim School
~ Female only sessions create a female only space within the pool - however some sessions may be staffed by male lifeguards if female lifeguards are not available.
activeNewham Swim Safely
activeNewham operates A “Swim Safely” Procedures which is a comprehensive set of guidelines aimed at ensuring safe use of swimming pools.
Swim Safely Admission Rules:
||The number of people who can join these very popular sessions is limited. Therefore we operate on a first come, first served basis, and this is subject to availability.
• Under 8’s must be accompanied by a competent adult swimmer (over 16yrs old and recommended to be able to swim at least 25 meters).
• No more than two under 8’s or weak/non swimmers to each competent adult swimmer.
• The competent adult swimmer must actively supervise the under 8’s
• Weak/non swimmers, under 8’s, must be actively supervised in the water, all non-swimmers must remain in shallow water, and are not permitted past the relevant mark on poolside. This includes anyone wearing armbands or using other swimming aids, as well as adults who are weak or non-swimmers.
• Young people aged between 9 – 16 years must display they are able to competently swim 25 meters before they are allowed to swim outside the shallow water area.
• Young people who have demonstrated they are able to swim 25 meters must wear the wristband given to them at all times.
• It is strongly recommended that under 8’s and all non-swimmers wear armbands and /or another appropriate type of buoyancy aid.