Information about Newham's parks
HOLDING AN EVENT?
If you would like to hold an event in one of the parks, please complete and return the park booking form.
DOWNLOAD THE FORM
For more information about holding an event in any of the parks in Newham please contact 0300 124 0123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the best parks in the country are right here on your doorstep and activeNewham can help you to get outdoors, get active, get social and have fun. Spending time outdoors in the park, in your local greenspace or at a community garden is great for your health and your wellbeing!
We offer something for everyone. The parks have ideal facilities if you want to pick up some new sporting skills or use the outdoor gyms and walking routes as part of your fitness regime. You can also explore wild areas, use the playgrounds with your family or just spend time relaxing with friends. Whatever your interest, activeNewham will have something for you!
Find your local park
|• Abbey Lane Open Space, E15 2RP
• Barking Road Recreation Ground, East Ham, E6
• Beckton District Park North, Tollgate Road, E16 3SW
• Beckton District Park South, Stansfield Road, E6 5LT
• Brampton Park, Masterman Road, East Ham, E6
• Canning Town Recreation Ground, E16 3PB
• Central Park, High Street South, East Ham, E6
• Chandos Open Space, Chandos Road, E15
• Cundy Park, Victoria Dock Rd., Canning Town, E16
• Forest Lane Park, Magpie Close, Forest Lane E7
• Gooseley Playing Fields, St Alban's Avenue, E6
• Hermit Road Recreation Ground, Plaistow E16 4JT
• Keir Hardie Recreation Ground, Tarling Road E16
• King George V Park, King George's Avenue E16
• Lister Gardens, Upper Road, E13 ODR
||• Little Ilford Park, Church Road, E12 6JT
• Lyle Park, Bradfield Street, E16 2AX
• May Green, Watson Street, E13 9AE
• Memorial Recreation Ground, Memorial Ave. E13
• New Beckton Park, Savage Gardens, E6 5NB
• New City Green, New City Road, E13 9LW
• Odessa Road Open Space, E7 9BL
• Plaistow Park, Greengate Street, Plaistow E13 OBD
• Plashet Park, Plashet Grove, E6 1BT
• Priory Park, Grangewood Street, E6 1QZ
• Rokeby Green, E15 3NS
• Royal Victoria Gardens, Pier Road, E16 2NW
• Star Park, Star Lane, E16
• Stratford Park, West Ham Lane E15 4PT
• Valetta Grove Open Space, E13 OJR
• For details of the opening times of the parks, local transport services and facilities that are available please follow this LINK
Enjoy your local park.
Active Communities - having fun together
There are many ways to get active and get fit in Newham's parks.
Many of the parks have outdoor gym equipment alongside way-marked walking and jogging routes. Easy to use and suitable for adults, the equipment is designed to help you to get a full workout. Turn up and take part, there’s no need to book and they are free to use. In addition there are many different sessions that you can take part in such as health walks and social bowling .Follow this LINK for more information.
There are also facilities for taking part in a wide range of sports in our parks:
Angling, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Lawn Bowls, Table-Tennis, Tennis, Walking & Rambling
Get Involved - community activities for everyone
Outdoor spaces in Newham are at the heart of the community. From a quick cut-through to get to the shops to a lazy day spent with friends and family - there are plenty of ways to enjoy social activities outside. Trees, plants and open fields provide a beautiful setting for community events that get everyone out enjoying themselves together. To get more involved with the local wildlife why not come along to a volunteer workday? You can learn new skills and make new friends whilst planting a hedge, sowing a new meadow or tidying up a pond. activeNewham's staff will always make sure that there is something for you to get involved in. To find out what is going on and how you can get involved, please follow this LINK
Go Wild! Things to do for young people and families
Newham's parks provide great opportunities to explore the outdoors so you can discover how much exciting nature there is to be found on your doorstep and get your daily dose of wild time fun! With activities like holiday play sessions to practice den making and hide and seek skills, super wildlife discovery days and outdoor theatre workshops, there will be something to get you and your family exploring new ways to use your local park.
To keep up-to-date on activities in our parks please go to What's On
Outdoor Classroom - skills and learning
Whatever your age, Newham's parks and open spaces provide great opportunities to explore the outdoors whilst learning about the environment, local heritage and culture. activeNewham can help you to find something to match your learning needs - with activities for the different generations to explore together as well as sessions for schools and other groups. For schools we offer a range of learning and activity options which can be adapted to suit any number of pupils, both primary and secondary. So, whether you want to organise a school or group visit, go on a park walk and talk or take a self-guided stroll along a tree trail, we have something to suit you. Follow this LINK for more information.
Plashet Park - get outdoors, get active and get social
Improvements to the play area café and a new toilet block, Plashet Park is set up to welcome Newham residents to get outdoors, get active and get social in their local area. Find out more here.
• For further information about the parks in Newham please email email@example.com or call 0300 124 0123