In addition to our standard Terms and Conditions
, the following apply for Swim School participants.
- Children under the age of 8 and non-swimmers must be accompanied on poolside by a responsible adult and handed over to the instructor/teacher at the start of the lesson. At the end of the lesson, the guardian must be available on time to collect their child from the teacher.
- Children under the age of 8 and non-swimmers, who arrive late for a lesson, must be accompanied by their guardian on poolside and handed over to the instructor/teacher. Children must not be left poolside without supervision under any circumstances.
- Members should arrive 10 minutes before the lesson is due to allow enough time to get changed and be on poolside for the start of the lesson. Swimmers more than 10 minutes late for their lesson may be denied entry if the teacher believes other swimmers will be at risk
- The swimming lessons run for 50 weeks during the year. Direct Debit payments split this cost evenly across 12 months. Lessons break for two weeks over the December holiday period.
- Refunds will only get issued for missed or non-attended lessons for medical reasons supported by appropriate evidence.
- activeNewham reserves the right to cancel, postpone or alter any class, course, activity or teacher.
- Customers must abide by the centre and pool rules displayed throughout the centre.
- By joining lessons, the parent/guardian or participant confirms that the participant can participate in the activity. Any medical conditions must be declared when booking and must the instructor must be informed. If in doubt, please consult with your GP before commencing any activity.
- Under 8's must not be left unaccompanied in the centre at any time, including during their swimming lessons. A parent/guardian must be available should an emergency occur.
- Photography and recording - of any type - are prohibited at all times within the leisure centres.
- The lesson duration includes picking up the students from and returning them to the meeting point, taking the register, and speaking with new students.
- One activeNewham swim hat will be issued to each participant when starting a new stage. All participants must wear a swim hat for each lesson. Replacement hats will not be provided and must be purchased.
- All participants must wear appropriate swimwear. Underwear or general clothing is not permitted. Jewellery must be removed or covered up for health and safety purposes.
- Belongings must be secured safely and not left in changing cubicles.
- Should you wish to cancel a Swim School membership, cancellations and suspensions must be in line with our Terms and Conditions, available here: www.activenewham.org.uk/memberterms.
- By booking a class, course, or activity, I confirm that I understand and agree to abide by activeNewham's Terms and Conditions.